Full Stack Engineer
FileShadow, Inc. is looking for a senior level, Full Stack Engineer to work up and down our entire technology stack.
The Senior Full Stack Engineer will be a crucial member of our engineering team, and will help design, build, and extend systems necessary to continue our rapid growth. Ideal candidate will enjoy designing and building robust, cloud-based back-end systems and driving improvements to our front-end interfaces. Primary responsibility will be to work with the current engineering team to design and deliver an integrated system that is efficient, secure, highly available, and maintainable.
- Take part in the architectural and infrastructural design of our applications.
- Collaborate with the team to gather requirements, design, and implement improvements to our platform.
- Actively participate in an Agile development process, including contributing to story creation, estimation, daily stand-ups, etc.
- Work across our stack from the front-end to our background processing queue, and everywhere in-between.
- Own the back-end, including decisions on which technologies to use.
- Drive improvements to our back-end and front-end infrastructures.
- Deliver high-quality applications that are polished, efficient, secure, highly available, and maintainable.
- Use test driven development techniques to ensure high quality code.
- Enable best practices and high code standard via peer code review.
- Lead others to solve complex problems; use sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions.
- Communicate complex concepts; negotiate with and mentor others.
- 7+ years of engineering experience with a proven track record of building consumer web applications or services.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Motivated and relentless in solving extremely complex problems.
- Flexible with tools and tech stack (we work with modern technologies and provide on-the-job training).
- Passionate about creating products that improve the lives of customers and building an intuitive user experience.
- Must have team collaboration experience, working closely and effectively with others to build features and high-quality products.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work hard in a quickly evolving environment.
- Positive attitude a MUST!
- Previous experience developing products that involved Machine Learning (ML).
- Experience with cloud computing infrastructures and an understanding of how to build high performance applications is a STRONG PLUS!
- A sense of humor; because, in the end, working here should be fun.
- Startup experience is a PLUS!
- Competitive compensation package with paid performance objectives
- Home internet and mobile phone stipend
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- HSA with company contribution
- Life and disability insurance
- A break room stocked full of snacks and drinks
- Flexible vacation and paid holidays
- Provo, Utah
- Working remotely (occasionally) is a possibility